There’s alot going on that I can’t post about. 🙁 Just in case, kwim? But it’s been a long morning, and I’m feeling a little bruised and hurt right now. *sigh* This too shall pass, I know. (That’s the title of one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite singers/comedians – Mark Lowry.)
Okay, on to happier fare…umm. Had our women’s meeting at church last night and it went great! I am the new president of the group and it’s definitely been a time of transition. But the new officers have all been working our tails off to make this year the best it can be. And it’s showing. 🙂 We have lots of great plans for the rest of the year and will be serving the Lord in some really neat ways.
Still working on the plans for the craft fair/expo/women’s networking event. (Can you tell I don’t know what to call it, LOL?) I’ll be very busy for the next week or 2. But it’s exciting! And I’ve also been offered a spot in a new Welcome Wagon starting in our town. I’ll be making about 100 welcome cards a month. The good news is, it’s free advertising for CTMH. Any fabulous ideas for a really awesome, *easy* card??
My mother and her husband are coming over for supper again tonight. It’s another easy meal – Chicken Tortilla Soup. One of our favorites and the best thing is – it’s already cooking! Gotta love a crock pot! Here’s the recipe, in case you want to try it.
Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 4 chicken breast halves (I use 2-3 whole boneless skinless)
- 2 15 oz. Cans black beans, undrained
- 2 15 oz. Cans Mexican stewed tomatoes, or Rotel tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa (mild, medium, hot…whatever you prefer)
- 4 oz. Can chopped green chilies (I use mild, but it’s to your own taste)
- 14 ½ oz. Can tomato sauce
- Tortilla chips
- 2 cups grated cheese (your favorite-we use a cheddar/jack blend, sometimes with asiago.)
- Combine all ingredients except chips and cheese in large slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Just before serving, remove chicken breasts and slice into bite size pieces. Stir into soup.
- To serve, put a handful of chips in each individual serving bowl. Ladle soup over chips and top with cheese.
- Serve with toppings of your choice. We like sliced avocado and sour cream. Other options are black olives, lettuce, fresh tomatoes…use your imagination!